“Aging no longer signals the end of productive life. It is a new chapter. We hope to award grants that will help the elderly flourish in addition to supporting some very genuine and immediate needs for survival.”
– Karen Whitney, Central Indiana Senior Fund past chair
The Senior Fund’s goals for helping older adults are to:
- Promote overall good health and wellness
- Ensure that the basic needs of the low-income are met
- Enable older adults to reside in the environments of their choice
- Provide life-affirming opportunities
Revised funding process focuses on one grant window application window. Interested organizations must submit concept form by May 31.
Grants will support programs designed to secure and maintain basic needs including adequate access to nutrition, independence, education, engagement and healthier aging.