“Aging no longer signals the end of productive life. It is a new chapter. We hope to award grants that will help the elderly flourish in addition to supporting some very genuine and immediate needs for survival.”
– Karen Whitney, Central Indiana Senior Fund past chair
The Senior Fund’s goals for helping older adults are to:
- Promote overall good health and wellness
- Ensure that the basic needs of the low-income are met
- Enable older adults to reside in the environments of their choice
- Provide life-affirming opportunities
Grants will support programs designed to secure and maintain basic needs including adequate access to nutrition, independence, education, engagement and healthier aging.