Efroymson Contemporary Arts Fellowships Further Artists’ Development
The Efroymson Contemporary Arts Fellowship awarded five artists from Indiana and Illinois $20,000 grants to help them continue their artistic development. The Fellowship, made possible by the Indianapolis-based Efroymson Family Fund, has distributed $600,000 to artists in six years.
The 2010 Efroymson Fellows are: Arthur Liou, 42, and Leah Gauthier, 46, both of Bloomington, Indiana; Melissa Pokorny, 48, Urbana, Illinois; Artur Silva, 34, and Stacey Holloway, 27 from Indianapolis. The fellows will be honored at a reception on December 2 at The Conrad in Indianapolis. The recipients were selected from among 217 artists who submitted applications.Created to recognize gifted contemporary artists, the Efroymson Contemporary Arts Fellowship originally focused on central Indiana. The program, managed by the Central Indiana Community Foundation (CICF), is now open to artists from across Indiana, Ohio, Illinois and Kentucky.
- $2.4 Million in Grants to Benefit Nearly 50,000 Marion County Youth
- CICF Announces Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Recipients
- The Indianapolis Foundation To Administer 2014 Community Crime Prevention Grant Program
- Small But Mighty … Generous
- The Indianapolis Foundation Awards More Than $1.8 Million In Grants