Community foundations are very knowledgeable about the not-for-profit partners in their communities that are best able to provide disaster relief and needed services.
The Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham has established the Alabama Tornado Recovery Fund to accept gifts that will in turn be used throughout their state in the regions impacted by the April 27 tornadoes. "We will work with eight other community foundations serving all these areas to effectively deploy these additional resources that will be needed for long-term recovery," said Community Foundation president Kate Nielsen.
CICF can supply you with information about this Foundation or other organizations providing immediate and long-term disaster relief services anywhere in the world. If you wish to learn more, or make a contribution, please contact your staff liaison, or Pam Velo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317.634.2423.
- $2.4 Million in Grants to Benefit Nearly 50,000 Marion County Youth
- CICF Announces Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Recipients
- The Indianapolis Foundation To Administer 2014 Community Crime Prevention Grant Program
- Small But Mighty … Generous
- The Indianapolis Foundation Awards More Than $1.8 Million In Grants