Born in Indianapolis on June 25, 1961, Charley Kirk was truly a product of the city and community. He attended Orchard Country Day School, graduated from North Central High School, and after earning a Bachelor’s Degree from Indiana University, he graduated summa cum laude from the Indiana University School of Law at Indianapolis.
An avid cyclist and sailor, he lived a storybook life with his wife, Carrie, two young sons, William and George and English Springer spaniels, Chief and Rumpole, in the Meridian Kessler neighborhood.
Not long after Charley’s sudden death in 2009, Carrie Kirk approached Central Indiana Community Foundation looking for a way to keep Charley’s presence in the community – and his sons’ lives – alive.
To open a CICF Family Foundation (or other charitable fund), please call Rob MacPherson at 317.634.2423, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $2.4 Million in Grants to Benefit Nearly 50,000 Marion County Youth
- CICF Announces Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Recipients
- The Indianapolis Foundation To Administer 2014 Community Crime Prevention Grant Program
- Small But Mighty … Generous
- The Indianapolis Foundation Awards More Than $1.8 Million In Grants