INDIANAPOLIS, IN — Central Indiana Community Foundation (CICF) announced new members and officers for CICF's Board of Directors as well as to the Board of Directors for its affiliates, The Indianapolis Foundation and Legacy Fund of Hamilton County.
New officers include:
Mr. Charles Sutphin, who replaces Mr. Mark Hill as the new Board Chair of Central Indiana Community Foundation; Mr. Hill remains a Director on the Board. Mr. Sutphin joined the board of Central Indiana Community Foundation in 2007 and has been chairman since January 2014. An active volunteer in Indianapolis, he has served on many not-for-profit boards, including the Indianapolis Museum of Art, Tarkington Civic Theatre, Coburn Place Safe Haven, Writers’ Center of Indiana (for 20 years) and Crown Hill Cemetery. He is an active member of four investment committees.
Mr. Milton Thompson replaces Ms. Sarah Wilson Otte as Board Chair of The Indianapolis Foundation Board of Directors. Mr. Thompson is chief executive officer and president of Grand Slam Companies and of counsel for the law firm Bleeke Dillon Crandall. Mr. Thompson was appointed to his fourth six-year term as a Board Member of The Indianapolis Foundation in 2009 by Chief Judge David F. Hamilton of the US District Court. He serves on the CICF Executive Committee, Board Governance & Nominating Committee, and as Board Liaison of the CICF Family Success Initiative.
Mr. Corby Thompson replaces Ms. Peggy Monson as Board Chair for Legacy Fund of Hamilton County. Ms. Monson served on the Legacy Fund Board since 2006. Mr. Thompson is president of both Thompson Land Company and Boomerang Development. He is an active member of the Fishers community including past board member of the Fishers Chamber of Commerce, Fishers Parks Advisory Committee, and Fishers Rotary Club.
New board members include:
Ms. Kathy Davis, owner and founder of Davis Design Group, was appointed by Marion County Circuit Court Judge Louis Rosenberg to fill the vacancy left by Ms. Otte’s rotation off of the Foundation’s Board of Directors. Appointed by Governor Joe Kernan, Ms. Davis was the first woman to serve as Indiana’s Lieutenant Governor. Ms. Davis also served as Controller for the City of Indianapolis, Secretary of the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration, and State Budget Director. She currently serves on many other boards as well. By virtue of her appointment to The Indianapolis Foundation Board of Directors, Ms. Davis will also join the boards of CICF and The William E. English Foundation. Indianapolis Foundation Directors are appointed to six-year terms.
Mr. Michael Simmons, CICF Board of Directors. Mr. Simmons co-founded T2 Systems in 1994 and served as CEO until 2013 when he moved into the role of Chairman. He also serves as Managing Director of Jupiter Peak, LLC, which is focused on investment in the local technology community. Mr. Simmons serves on the Board of Directors of the Indiana Repertory Theater and T2 Systems, and has served on a number of other local not-for-profit boards, including as the chairman of the TechPoint Foundation for Youth.
Ms. Myrta Pulliam, CICF Board of Directors. Ms. Pulliam has worked in editorial areas of The Indianapolis Star since 1970 and is currently the Director of Special Projects at The Indianapolis Star. Originally elected to the CICF Board in 2004, she has served on the CICF Board Governance Committee and Women’s Fund of Central Indiana, a CICF Fund. Ms. Pulliam also serves the community on the boards of the Indianapolis Zoological Society, Indianapolis Museum of Art, Methodist Health Foundation, DePauw University and Queens University of Charlotte. Ms. Pulliam is also a member of the Board of Directors for The Indianapolis Cultural Trail: A Legacy of Gene & Marilyn Glick. This is Ms. Pulliam’s fourth term on the CICF Board of Directors.
Ms. Elaine Bedel, CICF Board as ex-officio Women’s Fund of Central Indiana, a CICF Fund, Board Chair. President and owner, Bedel Financial Consulting, Ms. Bedel is involved in Rotary Club and Rotary Foundation, serves on the Board of Advisors for the IU School of Nursing, serves on the board of directors for Goodwill Industries and the Eagle Creek Foundation and chairs the St. Lutheran Church Endowment Committee.
Mr. Frank Esposito, Jr., Legacy Fund Board of Directors. Mr. Esposito is a senior member of the Esposito Green Group at UBS Financial Services, the Chair of the Corporate Work Study Board for Providence Cristo Rey High School and a board member for the Indiana Repertory Theater. Mr. Esposito is a past board member for Easter Seals Crossroads as well as St. Vincent New Hope.
Mr. Brian Myers, Legacy Fund Board of Directors. Mr. Myers is director of sales for Crown Technology in Indianapolis. He has been a member of Legacy Fund's grant committee since 2009. Prior to joining the Legacy Fund board, Brian served on the Sheridan Chamber of Commerce Board from 2009 to 2013. In addition to volunteering on the board of Make A Wish of Indiana, he is the current board president of Biddle Memorial Foundation.
Rotating off the CICF Board of Directors in December 2013 were:
Ms. Peggy Monson (board member since 2004). Ms. Monson served as Legacy Fund Board Chair from 2012-2013 and as Vice-Chair from 2006-2011. Prior to becoming a Wealth Management and Development Consultant in 2013 she held positions with Heartland Truly Moving Pictures, National City Bank and Prudential Financial. She is a member of CICF’s Barnabas Fund and the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
Mr. Larry Sablosky (board member since 2010). Mr. Sablosky served as Legacy Fund Board Chair in 2010 and 2011, and also as Vice-Chair in 2012 and 2013. Mr. Sablosky was a Co-founder and Director of The Finish Line, Inc.
Ms. Sarah Wilson Otte (board member since 2002). A community leader, Ms. Otte served on The Indianapolis Foundation Board for two terms (2002-2007 and 2008-2013), and was Board Chair in 2007 and 2013. She has served on a wide variety of boards, and has had a focus on supporting libraries. Ms. Otte’s volunteer service includes board and/or committee support at: Indiana State Library Foundation; Indianapolis Marion County Public Library; Propylaeum Historic Foundation; United Way of Central Indiana; Indiana Library Federation; Junior League of Indianapolis; Historic Landmarks Foundation of Indiana; and many others.
Ms. Julie Manning Magid (Ex-Officio board member since 2013). Ms. Manning Magid is Chair of the Women’s Fund of Central Indiana, a Fund of CICF, Advisory Board and also serves on the Women’s Fund Society Committee. Ms. Manning Magid is an Associate Professor of Business Law at the Kelley School of Business, Indiana University; she primarily teaches students in the MBA program and focuses her research on employment law as well as issues of gender and economic self-sufficiency.
“CICF is honored to have the collective skills of these new officers and board members as our leaders, advocates and financial partners,” said Brian Payne, President and CEO of CICF and President of The Indianapolis Foundation. “Each of our board members is dedicated to serving our community and contributing their leadership and financial support to help our residents thrive in the 21st Century.”
Central Indiana Community Foundation Board of Directors for 2014:
• Board Chair – Mr. Charles P. Sutphin, Community Leader
• Vice-Chair – Ms. Cynthia Simon Skjodt, Community Leader, The Indianapolis Foundation Board of Directors Chair
• Secretary – Mr. Alan A. Levin, Managing Partner, Barnes & Thornburg
• Treasurer – Mr. Gregory F. Hahn, Partner, Bose McKinney Evans, LLP
• Ms. Elaine Bedel, President, Bedel Financial Consulting, Inc., Ex-Officio
• Mr. Michael Daugherty, Key Private Bank, Vice-Chair of Legacy Fund
• Ms. Kathy Davis, Owner/Founder, Davis Design Group
• Ms. Traci Dolan, Community Leader
• Mr. Henry L. Fernandez, Vice President for Government Relations and Outreach, USA Funds
• Ms. Marianne Glick, President/Owner, Glick Training Associates
• Mr. Mark E. Hill, Managing Partner, Collina Ventures, LLC
• Ms. Myrta J. Pulliam, Community Leader
• Ms. Marisol Sanchez, General Counsel, Endress+Hauser
• Mr. Jerry Semler, Chairman Emeritus at American United Mutual Insurance Holding Company
• Mr. Michael J. Simmons, Co-Founder and CEO, T2 Systems, Inc.
• Mr. Joseph L. Smith, Jr., Partner, Faegre Baker Daniels
• Mr. Corby D. Thompson, Thompson Land Company, Inc., Legacy Fund Chair
• Mr. Milton O. Thompson, President, Grand Slam Companies, The Indianapolis Foundation Board of Directors Chair
• Mr. Lee White, Vice President, Mainscape
The Indianapolis Foundation Board of Directors for 2014:
• Board Chair – Mr. Milton O. Thompson
• Vice-Chair – Ms. Cynthia Simon Skjodt
• Secretary – Mr. Gregory F. Hahn
• Ms. Kathy Davis
• Mr. Alan A. Levin
• Mr. Jerry Semler
Legacy Fund Board of Directors for 2014:
• Board Chair – Mr. Corby D. Thompson, President, Thompson Land Company, Inc.
• Vice-Chair – Mr. Michael E. Daugherty, Assistant Vice President, Key Private Bank
• Secretary – Ms. Ann O’Hara, Partner, Church, Church, Hittle & Antrim
• Treasurer – Dane Rowland, President, Image Builders/Rowland Printing
• Ms. Lisa B. Allen, Community Leader
• Mr. Lawrence C. Beck, President, Beck's Hybrids
• Mr. Henry B. Blackwell, Retired: Baker & Daniels
• Ms. Brenda Bush, Consultant, Edgehill Associates
• Ms. Judith L. Campbell M.D., Campbell Psychiatric Services, Inc.
• Mr. Frank Esposito, Jr., Senior Member, UBS Financial Services, Inc.
• Mr. Paul Estridge, Chairman, The Estridge Companies
• Ms. Kay Hartley, Owner, Hartley Companies
• Mr. Steven Holt, Partner, Holt, Fleck & Romine, LLC
• Mr. Mike Houk, Retired: WellPoint
• Mr. Jim Longstreth, Financial Advisor, Wells Fargo
• Mr. Jay Merrell, Executive Vice President, Industrial Dialectics
• Mr. Brian Myers, Director of Sales, Crown Technologies
• Mr. Steve Pittman, Founder, Pittman Partners, Inc.
• Ms. Pamela H. Robinson, Executive Director, Indiana/World Skating Academy
• Mr. James P. Roederer, Vice President, Investments, SmithBarney
ABOUT CENTRAL INDIANA COMMUNITY FOUNDATION:
Central Indiana Community Foundation (CICF) is a $694 million public foundation transforming the lives of central Indiana residents in three ways: consulting donors, family foundations and their professional advisors on charitable giving; awarding grants to effective not-for-profit organizations; and providing leadership to address community needs and seize opportunities. CICF was established in 1997 as a partnership between The Indianapolis Foundation, serving Marion County since 1916, and Legacy Fund, serving Hamilton County since 1991.
For more information about CICF, visit cicf.org, or contact Mike Knight at firstname.lastname@example.org.