CICF was formed in 1997 through a partnership between two affiliate foundations:
- The Indianapolis Foundation: Indiana’s oldest and largest community foundation, created in 1916 to serve Marion County.
- Legacy Fund: Strengthening Hamilton County communities and serving residents – from Arcadia to Fishers, and from Noblesville to Sheridan – since 1991
CICF’s unique partnerships leverage assets and knowledge to meet the community’s greatest needs:
- Indianapolis Parks Foundation: enhancing the recreational, educational and cultural life of the Indianapolis community by encouraging and soliciting support for our city's parks system.
- Lacy Leadership Association: a premier leadership network driving high-level engagement that makes Indianapolis one of the best cities in the nation.
- Making Connections Indianapolis: helping neighborhood residents improve outcomes for vulnerable children living in tough neighborhoods.
- William E. English Foundation: providing below-market rate office and program space for non-profit social service organizations that serve Indianapolis residents.
Our major funds gain operating support, office space, and a wealth of in-kind resources to enhance their capacity to serve the community and to meet CICF’s mission:
- Efroymson Family Fund: awarding more than $70 million to local, regional, national and international organizations as one of the largest donor-advised funds in the United States.
- The Glick Fund: making a measurable impact by awarding more than $30 million in areas like increasing educational opportunities, promoting arts and creative expression, supporting efforts toward self-sufficiency, alleviating human suffering, and helping those in need.
- Central Indiana Senior Fund: supporting programs and services that promote quality living for older adults in central Indiana.
- Library Fund: benefiting designated public, academic, and high school libraries in Marion County.
- Summer Youth Program Fund: providing grants, coordinating professional development opportunities, and disseminating community information to support summer programs serving Marion County youth.
- Women’s Fund: benefiting agencies serving women and girls in central Indiana.