Giving As A Family
Our Experience Helps Families Share Generosity
Whether you develop your own charitable traditions to pass on, or learned about them from previous generations, acting on your family’s values through charitable giving and volunteering makes philanthropy more meaningful. We’ve worked with countless families in central Indiana since our beginning in 1916, and have found that having a philanthropic partner often helps families throughout their charitable experience.
CICF’s Family Giving services help our fund holders and private foundations through:
- Strategic charitable planning - An interactive process that builds and defines your charitable mission and results in a detailed plan tailored to you and your family
- Family philanthropy meetings - Including preparation, facilitation, documentation and follow-up.
- Successive generation involvement – Various seminars, workshops, classes and experiences that teach or reach younger generations (from youth to adult children).
- Community access – CICF staff are available to help inform your family’s charitable giving with insights, site visits, and volunteer opportunities specific to your family's interests.
- Sophisticated planned giving resources – These include options for CICF to work with your family’s professional advisor to identify the best giving vehicle to benefit your family and the community you care about.
For more information about specific Family Giving programs and services, contact our donor services team at 317.634.2423.
Family Philanthropy Resources:
- “Wealth in Families” by Charles Collier
- “The Giving Family; Raising Our Children to Help Others” by Susan Crites Price
- “How Not to be Your Child’s ATM” by Nathan Dungan
The documents provided here are Adobe Acrobat PDF files. If you do not have this software installed on your computer, you can download a free copy of Acrobat Reader from the Adobe Web site.