You Can Keep the Money
Everyone Wins with Investment Options
Just because your clients have a charitable fund at CICF does NOT mean that you lose the relationship…or your book of business. Donors are able to establish a charitable fund at, or transfer a private foundation to, CICF while keeping the assets under management with their current investment advisor and/or firm. While each donor’s assets are transferred to CICF to create the fund or foundation, they can recommend that the investment of those assets remain with the investment manager of their choice. The only difference is now we become a client of the investment advisor and firm as well. CICF’s finance department routinely works with investment managers to devise an agreed upon Investment Policy Statement that meets the goals of the fund and the donor.
Investment Advisor Benefits
- Maintain asset management – you continue to earn your commission or fee on your client’s charitable assets that are invested by CICF with you.
- Increased value to your clients – surveys show that wealthy donors want their advisors to discuss charitable giving options with them and connect them with trusted and proven resources for giving. And, more than 70 percent of wealth managers say they want more help with charitable planning. CICF provides you with in-depth experience to benefit your clients and deepen your client relationships.
- You’ll be in good company – working with CICF can bring you in contact with community leaders and other professional advisors interested in improving our community.
- Customized client services – each client receives an annual check-up with you and CICF to evaluate investment performance, grant distributions, and progress on their giving plan. You can also schedule an annual exclusive client and/or prospect event such as a family philanthropy educational activity or site visit to a high-impact not-for-profit.
- Advisor services – at your request, CICF will provide customized training for your firm’s staff on community needs and issues and on tools to more fluidly incorporate charitable giving in their clients’ planning.
For more information, please contact Mary Stanley or Nan Edgerton, in our development and philanthropic services team, at 317.634.2423.