Family & Youth Empowerment
Services that help residents meet their basic needs are not coordinated or holistic in their efforts. We believe everyone should have opportunities to access healthy food, safe housing and education in Hamilton County.
- 8.8% of Hamilton County residents are food insecure.
- More than half of Hamilton Southeastern students in grades 3-12 reported that stress interferes with their learning.
- Hamilton County does not have a domestic violence shelter; Alternatives, located in Anderson, IN, housed 53 Hamilton County residents in 2018.
OUR STRATEGIES INCLUDE:
- Convening food pantries to develop and enhance operational efficiencies
- Partnering with services providers to increase
safe housing in Hamilton County
- Supporting social and emotional learning methods within Hamilton County schools