Thomas P. and Sondra D. Sheehan Charitable Foundation
Tom and Soni Sheehan focus on improving the lives of children facing debilitating medical challenges. They provide financial support for medical treatments, prostheses, and mobility devices that children living with physical deformities and medical issues need to overcome obstacles.
Watch the short video below to learn more about the Sheehan Foundation.
Individuals or families seeking support are required to meet the financial assistance requirements of the referring healthcare provider. The Foundation will not consider requests that do not meet the guidelines.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE GUIDELINES:
- Applicant must be 17 years old or younger and be a legal resident of the United States.
- If the applicant is covered by a commercial, state, or federal health benefit plan, documentation of coverage must apply.
- The potential of the Foundation’s intervention to significantly enhance either the clinical condition or quality of life for the child will be evaluated.
- Financial need of the child’s family will be evaluated and documented through the information provided on the application and by the submission of financial documentation provided to the referring healthcare provider.
- No other financial resources to meet the healthcare need are available.
- Applications are to be reviewed by a healthcare professional to determine the medical appropriateness of request.
- Awards are retroactive to sixty days prior to the date of the application and have an expiration date of one year from award date.
- The candidate must not receive support for ongoing treatments such as prescriptions, long-term physical therapy, etc.
- Additional information from your referring health care professional may be required after the application is submitted.
Board of Directors
The Thomas P. and Sondra D. Sheehan Charitable Foundation Board of Directors includes:
- Tracey Sheehan
- Tom Sheehan
- Soni Sheehan
- Patrick Gottschalk
- Dick Gordon
- Bill Hanke
- Michael Rechin
- Liz Tate
- Jennifer Bartenbach