Community Pillar Awards
The Legacy Fund Community Pillar Awards honor individuals or corporations doing visionary work to solve pressing challenges, build opportunity and equity, and create a brighter future for Hamilton County residents in three leadership areas—college readiness and success, family success and inspiring places. Because of their work, these nominees are pillars of the Hamilton County Community.
Individuals from any public or private sector and corporations in Hamilton County may be nominated and are eligible for these awards. Nominations for emerging and innovative leadership, as well as longstanding accomplishments, are encouraged.
*Previous Living Legacy Award winners are ineligible.
A Legacy Fund Community Pillar Award will be presented to the one individual or corporation in each of the three categories on Thursday, Nov. 9, at Celebration of Philanthropy. Honorees must be present. Recipients receive:
- Legacy Fund Community Pillar Award (trophy)
- $5,000 to be granted to one Hamilton County not-for-profit in the award recipient’s honor
- Four Celebration of Philanthropy tickets
- Inclusion in a celebratory ad in the IBJ
Nominee’s work must primarily serve or impact the Hamilton County community and its residents.
- July 1-31: Community nominations accepted
- Week of Sept. 18: Pillar Award winners notified
- Legacy Fund Community Pillar Award winners honored and grant recipients announced at Celebration of Philanthropy
Nominations will be vetted by foundation staff, who will review candidates. Finalists will be presented to the selection committee, a panel of Hamilton County leaders and Legacy Fund board directors and staff. The committee will recommend finalists to the full board of directors, which will confirm the winners.
nominations are currently closed