Looking for a grant?
CICF can help.
CICF welcomes grant proposals from charitable organizations that are tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and from governmental agencies. New projects and organizations with their 501(c)(3) status pending may submit a proposal with the assistance of a charitable organization that has agreed to serve as their fiscal sponsor.
HOW TO APPLY
Read the CICF Grantseeker’s Guidebook
All funding requests should begin by contacting your Community Investment Officer, or Julie Wright, Community Investment Coordinator, at email@example.com or call 317.634.2423 x350.
Specific deadline information for The Indianapolis Foundation and Legacy Fund is provided in the table below. Funding proposals for The Indianapolis Foundation and Legacy Fund are ONLY accepted during two months of the year. Please note that dates have changed for 2016.
Grantmaking Boards Review Requests
|March 1 – 31, 2016||April – October, 2016||May – November, 2016||By December, 2016|
|October 1 – 31, 2016||November, 2016 – April, 2017||March – September, 2017||By October, 2017|
Submit Proposal through Online Grant System
As of October, 2016, we are introducing a new and more efficient online grant system.
CICF requires all grantseekers to use our online grant system. This system allows you to manage your profile, submit proposals and progress reports.
If you have previously applied for CICF grants:
– Enter your email and select ‘forgot password.’ You will then receive an email with login instruction. Be sure to check your junkmail if you are not getting the login instructions.
If you are applying for the first time:
– Click ‘register here’ in the welcome screen of the online grant system.
If you are submitting a grant report for 2016:
– Submit your report here.
CICF believes we can make a greater impact by leveraging funding resources and may share proposals with other CICF funds based on those funds’ priorities. These additional grant opportunities include:
- Summer Youth Program Fund
- Women’s Fund of Central Indiana
- The Indianapolis Foundation Library Fund
- Central Indiana Senior Fund
- Community Crime Prevention Grant Program
- Efroymson Family Fund *
- The Glick Fund *
- The Herbert Simon Family Foundation *
* Organizations cannot apply directly to these funds for support. These proposals are by invitation only.
our review process
CICF staff reviews each proposal.
Staff will contact organizations to obtain additional information if necessary, and may schedule a site visit.
Staff will provide preliminary recommendations to grantmaking boards for their review and funding decisions.
Grantmaking boards will meet for proposal review and to make funding decisions.
Funding decisions will be communicated.