Looking for a grant?
CICF can help.
CICF welcomes grant proposals from charitable organizations that are tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and from governmental agencies. New projects and organizations with their 501(c)(3) status pending may submit a proposal with the assistance of a charitable organization that has agreed to serve as their fiscal sponsor.
HOW TO APPLY
Read the CICF Grant Seeker’s Guidebook
For a comprehensive guide to grantmaking at CICF, view our Grant Seeker’s Guidebook. For additional questions, contact Julie Wright, community investment coordinator, at email@example.com or 317.631.6542 x350.
All funding requests should begin by contacting your community investment officer directly, or Julie Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317.631.6542 x350.
Deadline information for application windows:
Grant making Boards Review Requests
|March 1 – 31, 2017||April – October, 2017||May – November, 2017||By December, 2017|
|October 1 – 31, 2017||November, 2017 – April, 2018||March – September, 2018||By October, 2018|
Submit Proposal through Online Grant System
We introduced a new and more efficient online grant system in October, 2016.
CICF requires all grant seekers to use our online grant system. This system allows you to manage your profile, submit proposals and progress reports.
If you have previously applied for CICF grants:
– Enter your email and select ‘forgot password.’ You will then receive an email with login instruction. Be sure to check your junk mail if you are not getting the login instructions.
If you are applying for the first time:
– Click ‘register here’ in the welcome screen of the online grant system.
If you have questions about submitting a grant report:
– Please contact Julie Wright at email@example.com or 317.631.6542 x350.
CICF believes we can make a greater impact by leveraging funding resources and may share proposals with other CICF funds based on those funds’ priorities. These additional grant opportunities include:
- Summer Youth Program Fund
- Women’s Fund of Central Indiana
- The Indianapolis Foundation Library Fund
- Central Indiana Senior Fund*
- Community Crime Prevention Grant Program
- Efroymson Family Fund *
- The Glick Fund *
- The Herbert Simon Family Foundation *
* Organizations cannot apply directly to these funds for support. These proposals are by invitation only.
our review process
CICF staff reviews each proposal.
Staff will contact organizations to obtain additional information if necessary and may schedule a site visit.
Staff will provide preliminary recommendations to grant making boards for their review and funding decisions.
Grant making boards will meet for proposal review and to make funding decisions.
Funding decisions will be communicated.