What is Central Indiana Community Foundation?
Central Indiana Community Foundation (CICF) is a not-for-profit charitable foundation that does three things: 1.) We award grants to not-for-profits, 2.) We help people practice highly effective charitable giving, and 3.) We work to make Central Indiana a better place. Founded in 1997 as partnership between the Indianapolis Foundation (established in 1916) and The Legacy Fund serving Hamilton County (established in 1991), CICF has more than $700 million charitable assets under management.
Who are CICF’s donors?
Our donors are individuals, families, corporations, private foundations, and charitable organizations that wish to make a difference in the lives of others and to make the Central Indiana community a better place. Donors range from people of relatively modest means to those with substantial financial resources.
What are the advantages of using a community foundation?
If you’re looking to make a real difference with your philanthropic efforts, there are several advantages to partnering with a community foundation like CICF. Here are a few:
- We are a local organization with deep community roots.
- Our staff has extensive knowledge and expertise regarding community issues and needs.
- We provide personalized service tailored to your charitable and financial interests.
- Our donor-advised funds help you invest in the causes you most care about.
- We accept a wide variety of assets, and can facilitate the most complex forms of giving.
- We can partner with your professional advisor on a highly effective approach to giving.
- We offer maximum tax advantages under state and federal law.
- We multiply the impact of your gift dollars by pooling them with other gifts and grants.
- We build endowment funds that benefit the community and help you build your legacy.
- As a community leader, we convene agencies and coordinate resources to create positive change.
How do I open a fund?
We offer several types of funds, and we’ll work with you to choose one that will meet your personal, financial, and philanthropic goals. For many of these funds, $25,000 is the minimum opening gift. CICF is a 501(c) (3) public charity. Depending on the type of contribution, you may be eligible for significant charitable tax deductions. You can make additional contributions to the fund whenever you wish. Others can also make contributions to your fund, perhaps to mark a special occasion or support a special project that interests you.