We help not-for-profits do world-changing work.
CICF, its affiliates and funds award, in total, more than $55 million in grants to not-for-profits each year.
ABOUT CICF GRANTS
CICF administers two general grant application rounds during May and November. During these open application windows, eligible 501(c)(3) organizations may submit a request for consideration. Each request submitted will be assigned to a community leadership officer, assessed and then aligned with the fund or funds deemed most appropriate for consideration. These may include community endowed funds, donor-advised funds, field-of-interest funds or major funds held at CICF. Alignment will be determined by staff and only after an application has been fully completed and submitted for consideration.
CICF assesses each funding request using the criteria listed below.
- measurable outcomes
- track record of achieving goals
- clear mission
- board leadership represents community served
- fiscally responsible organization
- works with partners to leverage efforts
- innovative approaches
- behaviors, attitudes, policies that allow for effective interaction with a diverse community
- work viewed through a lens of racial equity
- resources necessary to maintain the work
- growth strategy