Empowering youth with
Now more than ever, a college education is crucial to success in life. Yet, with rising tuition costs, many young people don’t have the resources required to earn one.
With more than 100 scholarship funds under management, CICF offers critical help. With awards ranging from $500 to full tuition, our scholarships help countless young people overcome the obstacles that stand between them and future academic and financial success.
Three Types of Scholarships
CICF administers three types of scholarships:
- Lilly Endowment Community Scholarships cover full tuition, required fees, and a book stipend of $900 per year for four years of undergraduate study.
- CICF’s Common Application Scholarships range from $500 to $20,000.
- External scholarships are ones in which CICF holds the funds, but the application process is administered by local schools, education foundations, or other organizations.
For more information about each kind of scholarship, download our scholarship guidebook.
Eligibility, Requirements, & TIMING
Our scholarships are designed for three audiences:
- Current high school seniors
- Current college students
- Those not currently enrolled in high school or college
Awards depend on the size of the particular scholarship fund and the number of qualified applicants each year. Scholarship conditions require that awards be used for educational expenses at an accredited college, university, technical, vocational, or trade school, including the following:
- Required fees
- Room and board, in some cases
- Books, in some cases
Students must submit required application materials online by the published deadlines below to ensure that award decisions are made in a timely manner.
|Scholarship Name||Applications Accepted||Scholarship Selection Committees Review Timeline||Notification|
|Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship||November 17, 2014 – December 15, 2014||January – March 2015||April 2015|
|General Application Scholarships||November 17, 2014 – March 2, 2015||March – April 2015||April – May 2015|
|Indianapolis Foundation Community Scholarship||December 1, 2014 – January 16, 2015||March – April 2015||April 2015|
|May 1, 2015 –
May 31, 2015
|June 2015||June 2015|
Download Our Scholarship Guidebook
To learn about all of the scholarships available at CICF, download the CICF Scholarship Guidebook.