CICF believes in the power of collaboration. By adding others to the equation and working together, we achieve more powerful results.
That’s why we developed the Plus One Project. Created to support our community leadership initiatives, the project is made possible by passionate, dedicated community investors like you.
As part of the Plus One Project, our angel investors directly invest in the personnel and infrastructure required to push our ambitious, transformative community projects forward. Recent successes include:
- Indianapolis Cultural Trail: A Legacy of Gene and Marilyn Glick. An eight-mile urban trail that is the central hub and connector of over 40 miles of greenway trails in Central Indiana.
- 37 Place: The Heartbeat of Martindale Brightwood. A multi-generational community center concept with neighbor-led services in the historically fractured Martindale-Brightwood neighborhood.
- Coxhall Gardens. A 125-acre “oasis in a sea of homes” with wide public access and a signature centerpiece of Hamilton County, preserving idyllic green space.
- Centers for Working Families. Six community centers in Indianapolis that deploy “wrap-around” services to disadvantaged families to help guide them on a path to economic self-sufficiency.
- Grameen Indianapolis. This Nobel Peace Prize-winning international microfinance model arrived in Indianapolis in May 2011, making us the third city in North America with a Grameen branch.
- CEOs For Cities: Livability Challenge. A “civic lab” for innovative urban ideas and solutions that works to advance great cities in America, hosted in Indianapolis by CICF.
- Talent Dividend. A project of CEO’s for Cities in Central Indiana to increase the adult population with four-year college degrees and provide a $1.3 billion annual economic dividend to the region.
- 21st Century Scholar Enrollment. A collaboration led by CICF, IPS teachers, counselors, and principals to increase the enrollment percentage of high school students.
- College Success in Decatur and Warren Township Schools. This pilot program brings proven approaches from not-for-profit organizations to the students in these two ambitious districts.
- SNAP. Incubated by Legacy Fund for Hamilton County, this program is aimed at reducing adolescent alcohol and drug use and promotes education on the dangers of impaired driving.
- Youth Assistance Program. Currently being implemented in Hamilton County, this program provides a critical connection between community assets— schools, programs, caring police—to keep at-risk youth out of the court system and on track for graduation.
angel investors as of JANUARY 2018
Ambrose Property Group
Angie’s List Foundation
Axis Architecture + Interiors
Jean Blackwell & Kimberly Williams
BMO Financial Group
Bryan & Elaine Brenner/First Person, Inc.
Bob & Helen Brody
Browning Day Mullins Dierdorf Architects
Care Institute Group, Inc.
Bryan Chandler & Mary Titsworth Chandler
Justin & Darrianne Christian
Citizens Energy Group
Thomas E. Dapp
John & Kathy Davis
Christel DeHaan Family Foundation
Deylen Realty, Inc.
Rollie & Cheri Dick
Ted & Kim Dickman
Greg & Traci Dolan
Dorsey Foundation, Inc.
Lori Efroymson-Aguilera & Sergio Aguilera
Elements Financial Federal Credit Union
John & Martha Hoover/Patachou Inc.
Mike & Melanie Fitzgerald
Marianne Glick & Mike Woods
The Glick Family Foundation
C. Perry & N. Michelle Griffith
Greg & Libby Hahn
Hamilton National Title LLC
Michael & Judy Harrington
J.C. Hart Company, Inc.
Craig Huse & Steve Huse – St. Elmo Steak House
Ice Miller LLP
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Indianapolis Power & Light
Indie Asset Partners
Katz, Sapper & Miller
The Keramida Foundation for Education & Art
Keystone Construction Corporation
Andre B. Lacy
Philip & Wendy Larman
Michele Janin & Tom Linebarger
Bob & Gayle Meyer
Bill & Ann Moreau
OneAmerica Foundation, Inc.
Bill & Maureen Owen
Charlie & Jackie Pechette
Jim and Peggy Roederer
Tony & Marya Rose
Rundell Ernstberger Associates
Samerian Foundation, Inc.
Jerry & Rosie Semler
Simmons Family Foundation
Herb Simon Family Foundation
Charles & Peggy Sutphin
Gene & Rosie Tanner
Phillip A. Terry
Jeff & Benita Thomasson
Corby Thompson & Julie Viellieu-Thompson
Gary & Jennifer Vigran
Steve & Brenda Walker
Bill & Roberta Witchger
Brantley & Lorene Wright
Gene & Mary Ann Zink