When you invest with CICF, our financial management team works directly with you to maximize returns and minimize volatility. We offer two investment options—a long-term pool and a short-term pool—so you can choose the one that best fits your philanthropic and financial goals. Our expert investment management staff monitors all funds constantly, ensuring a sound investment strategy for our fundholders.
Learn about our investment options:
Best if you want: Long-term growth though a globally diversified portfolio
Grantmaking Time Horizon: 5 years or more
- 40% equities
- 12% fixed income
- 11% venture capital and private equity
- 23% marketable alternatives
- 10% real assets
- 4% cash
Click here for more information about our long-term pool.
Short-Term Duration Pool
Best if you want: More liquidity and maximization of capital preservation
Grantmaking Time Horizon: 1-5 years
- 31% fixed income securities
- 57% money market securities
- 12% cash
Click here for more information about our short-term duration pool.
The chart below illustrates Central Indiana Community Foundation’s quarterly investment performance as of March 31, 2015. Download CICF’s Joint Investment Board Meeting presentation for more information on 2014 performance.
* Policy Benchmark consists of 15% Wilshire 5000 Total Market Index, 12% MSCI EAFE, 8% MSCI Emerging Markets, 22% HFRI Fund of Funds, 5% DJ UBS Commodity Total Return, 10% CPI-U +5%, 10% S&P 500 +4%, 12% BC Aggregate, 3% JPM EMBI+, 3% BofA ML 91 day T-Bills
Past 990 and audit information