The Efroymson Contemporary
The Fellowship has distributed $950,000 to 45 contemporary Midwestern visual artists since its inception.
The Efroymson Contemporary Arts Fellowship program was established in 2004 to reward creativity and to encourage emerging and established individual artists by supporting their artistic development while increasing awareness of contemporary art in the Midwest.
The Fellowship program currently awards $25,000 to selected Fellows. It has distributed $950,000 to 45 contemporary Midwestern visual artists since its inception.
Fellowship categories are restricted to Installation, Sculpture, and New Media. Selection criteria includes the following:
- Quality and skill
- Creativity and uniqueness
- Commitment to developing the work
- Impact the award will have on the artist’s career
To be eligible, artists must:
- Be age 25 or older
- Be a resident of either Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, or Wisconsin
- Commit to residing in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, or Wisconsin for the duration of the fellowship
This year’s Fellows were chosen by a five-member selection committee through a blind selection process. The Selection Committee included:
- Jeremy Efroymson, Vice Chair of the Efroymson Family Fund
- Deanna Haggag, Director of The Contemporary (Museum) of Baltimore
- Mardee Goff, Associate Curator at Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art
- Leonie Bradbury, Director and Curator for Montserrat College of Art Galleries
- Julio Cesar Morales, Curator for the Arizona State Art Museum, Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts
The 2015 Efroymson Contemporary Arts Fellowship guidelines and application deadlines have not been released. Please contact Mary Johnson at email@example.com to be added to our distribution list and you will receive an email notification when the 2015 fellowship information is available. You can also read more about the 2014 Fellowship recipients and the selection process.
Linda Adele Goodine
Anila Quayyum Agha
Casey Riordan Millard