The Efroymson Contemporary
The Efroymson Family Fund has distributed $950,000 to 45 contemporary Midwestern visual artists through the Efroymson Contemporary Arts Fellowship program.
The Efroymson Contemporary Arts Fellowship program was established in 2004 to reward creativity and to encourage emerging and established individual artists by supporting their artistic development while increasing awareness of contemporary art in the Midwest.
The Fellowship program currently awards $25,000 to selected Fellows. It has distributed $950,000 to 45 contemporary Midwestern visual artists since its inception.
Fellowship categories are restricted to Installation, Sculpture, and New Media. Selection criteria includes the following:
- Quality and skill
- Creativity and uniqueness
- Commitment to developing the work
- Impact the award will have on the artist’s career
To be eligible, artists must:
- Be age 25 or older
- Be a resident of either Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, or Wisconsin
- Commit to residing in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, or Wisconsin for the duration of the fellowship
Fellows are chosen by a five-member selection committee through a blind selection process.
Applications are being accepted now through May 13, 2016 for the 2016 Efroymson Contemporary Arts Fellowship.
Linda Adele Goodine
Anila Quayyum Agha
Casey Riordan Millard
Sarah FitzSimons Jason Lazarus