Equity Framework for The Indianapolis Foundation
In recognition of its equity-driven mission, The Indianapolis Foundation will preference funding organizations and programs that:
- Focus on root causes and not symptoms of racial inequity
- Support efforts that address and seek to eliminate disparities
- Focus on addressing systems-level reforms rather than ‘one-off’ programs
- Serve high percentages of under-appreciated, marginalized populations with quality, comprehensive programming with a sharpened focus on outcomes
- Are designed with and endorsed by community stakeholders, including residents and/or those being served by project
- Include a feedback mechanism for residents and/or populations served to inform programming design and delivery
- Possess organizational and board leadership that are representative and incorporative of populations served
These values reflect CICF’s approach to promoting and advancing equity across grantmaking practices. This is by no means an exhaustive list but rather a framework our community leadership officers will benchmark against when assessing competitive grant requests to be funded through The Indianapolis Foundation. This equity lens will also focus on how race impacts experiences and access to opportunities, outcomes, and power, to eliminate inequities and narrow achievement gaps.
Should you have any questions, please reach out to your community leadership officer or email us at CommunityLeadership@cicf.org.