African American Legacy Fund of Indianapolis Grant Application
The mission of the African American Legacy Fund of Indianapolis (AALFI) is to promote philanthropy and harness the collective power of African Americans to positively impact our community. Funds provided in this grant cycle will be distributed in partnership with the IndyStar Our Children initiative.
Grant applications should focus on one of the following focus areas:
- Dismantling racism: Addressing the systemic barriers that hamper the success of youth of color, such as providing educational opportunities, mentorship or other programming that ensures their social, emotional and physical wellbeing.
- Enhancing services: Enhancing the quality of services provided to youth and families by providing additional staff training and education or improving facilities.
- Supporting families: Providing wraparound support to families in underserved Indianapolis communities, such as basic needs assistance and/or connecting families to additional community resources.
Criteria & Deadlines
- Applications are due Friday, Jan. 15, 2021, at 5 p.m. EST.
- Requests for funding should not exceed $15,000.
- All youth-serving organizations can apply, however, we’re prioritizing organizations with primarily Black leadership or that serve primarily Black youth.
- Those interested may submit a video in addition to their written application (the instructions are at the end of the application).
This form is currently closed for submissions.