Request for Support from Neighbor Relief Fund for Marion County
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and the community spread occurring within the Central Indiana community, CICF has created the Neighbor Relief Fund for Marion County to support projects and services responding to the effects that the coronavirus will undoubtedly have on our most vulnerable residents and communities.
While the Neighbor Relief Fund for Marion County will be managed with fluidity given the rapidly evolving nature of the pandemic, it will
- align with CICF’s mission and commitment to equity
- be resident-engaged
- prioritize neighborhood-based, grassroots organizations that are registered as a 501(c)(3) or have a fiscal agent serving marginalized neighborhoods and/or communities of color with programs that are easily accessible and provide meaningful relief to residents during this critical time.
The overarching intent of this fund is to ensure that residents have access to the resources they say they need.
Target populations include:
- children and youth (specifically those whose schools have suspended school-based services)
- residents without health insurance or sick days
- high-risk senior populations
- those with limited English proficiency
- health care workers
- low-wage and hourly workers that have been laid off
- communities of color
- economically vulnerable populations
- residents of these zipcodes: 46201, 46205, 46208, 46218, 46222, 46235, 46268, 46203 and 46225
Grants will be up to $35,000 to provide support for such efforts as (but not limited to):
- Projects that protect and support seniors
- Hunger relief and academic support for children affected by school closures
- Access to prompt and adequate emergency services for homeless individuals
- Translation services and materials related to medical care for our residents with limited English language proficiency
- Temporary economic relief for those suffering from COVID-19 related impacts, closures or employment terminations
- Other COVID-19 related issues and causes
THIS FUND IS NO LONGER ACTIVE.
Interested in learning about how to request support from CICF through our grantmaking? Start here.