Established by a collaborative of local stakeholders to advance effective solutions to racial inequality in Indianapolis and its surrounding counties.
The fund will work with organizations to support efforts to improve interactions between the Black community and local police in Indianapolis, address the disproportionate number of Black youth in the juvenile and criminal justice system by providing positive alternatives for education and employment, and increase employment and wealth opportunity for communities of color.
The fund was established by Eli Lilly and Company, Lumina Foundation and CICF in June, 2020.
Central Indiana Racial Equity Fund will support organizations focused on having difficult conversations about Indiana’s and the nation’s complicated past; building additional capacity within the not-for-profit sector to address issues of inequality, in particular relating to the criminal justice system; and advancing effective, data-driven solutions at the local level.
- Anthem Foundation
- Buckingham Foundation
- Central Indiana Community Foundation (CICF)
- The Clowes Fund
- Dorsey Foundation
- Eli Lilly and Company Foundation
- Rick Fuson & Karen Ferguson Fuson
- Marianne Glick & Mike Woods
- Glick Philanthropies
- Herbert Simon Family Foundation
- High Alpha
- Indiana Pacers Foundation
- The Indianapolis Foundation
- Indianapolis Power & Light Company
- Lilly Endowment Inc.
- Lumina Foundation
- and other generous donors
- Darryl Lockett, executive director, Kennedy King Memorial Initiative
- Jasmin Shaheed-Young, president and CEO, RISE Indy
- Jordan Maitland, regulatory consultant, Eli Lilly and Company
- Kia Wright, executive director, Voices Corporation
- Nick Ison, corporate giving manager, Goodwill of Central and Southern Indiana
- Valerie Davis, community ambassador, Near Eastside neighborhood, Central Indiana Community Foundation
- William Shrewsberry, founder, Shrewsberry & Associates LLC
If you are interested in making a contribution to Central Indiana Racial Equity Fund, please contact Rob MacPherson at RobM@cicf.org or 317.634.2423.