Inclusive Economic Growth
There is a shortage of affordable housing and transportation options in Hamilton County making it hard for all individuals to live, work and play in the county. We believe it is imperative to support affordable housing, pathways to long-term employment and countywide connectivity.
- Demand for affordable housing exceeds supply by more than 10,000 units.
- Hamilton County Express is the only countywide public transportation provider but does not meet the growing need of the county.
- Hamilton County has more than 60 parks and recreation areas; only three are in the northern half of the county.
OUR STRATEGIES INCLUDE:
- Supporting organizations that address the need for the affordable housing crisis
- Funding the exploration of more versatile transportation options
- Investing in career pathways that lead to living wage jobs
- Promoting inclusive, accessible and cultural development along the White River