Performing Artist Grants through the CICF Artist Ambassadors
Grants are designed to support the work of performing artists living and working in Central Indiana who identify as BIPOC, LGBTQ+ and/or a person with disabilities and to support the advancement of their artistic practices and careers. They were created by the CICF artist ambassadors in response to the disproportionate impact of COVID-19 on under-appreciated artists, and are intended as a bridge for those seeking small grants to simply keep creating. Grant amounts will range from $500 to $2,000 for individuals, and $2,000 to $5,000 for artist collectives.
The purpose of the grant program is to support, enhance or advance an artists practice, productivity, skill, knowledge, creative acumen, cultural awareness, approach, project(s), connections, network, materials/supplies, marketing-promotion, artistic project-related travel, facilitation of an event, exhibit(s), participation in an event, etc.
Self-taught or informally trained artists are encouraged to apply.
- BIPOC, LGBTQ+ and/or performing artists with disabilities
- residents of Central Indiana (defined as the 9-county metro area)
- artists working alone or in a collaborative group in all performing arts that consider themselves to be professionals in their field
- 21 years of age or older
- Applications open: Sept. 28, 2020
- Application deadline: Nov. 6, 2020
- Grant announcements: mid-Jan. 2021
- Grant implementation deadline: April 30, 2021
- artistic quality and artistic merit of the work
- commitment to pursuing a professional career
- feasibility of the proposed project