For years, the Sheehans have shared their time and financial support with a variety of organizations and individuals. They are philanthropically involved with St. Vincent de Paul in Noblesville, IN, the Good Samaritan Network of Hamilton County, the Sparrow Club, the Noblesville Boys and Girls Club, Riverview Hospital, and many others.
The founder of Carmel Financial Corporation, Tom Sheehan’s life reads like that of a rags-to-riches character from a Horatio Alger, Jr., novel. Born in Chicago into humble circumstances, Sheehan’s early career focused on selling encyclopedias door to door. He began offering consumers credit for purchases, and that led to the birth of Carmel Financial, a company that today has approximately 60 employees.
“THE BOTTOM LINE IS ‘HOW CAN WE IMPROVE THE LIVES OF CHILDREN?'”
The Thomas P. and Sondra D. Sheehan Charitable Foundation is a supporting organization of Legacy Fund, an affiliate of Central Indiana Community Foundation. Tom and Soni Sheehan focus on improving the lives of children facing debilitating medical challenges. They provide financial support for medical treatments, prostheses, and mobility devices that children living with physical deformities and medical issues need to overcome obstacles.
Apply for Financial Assistance
Individuals or families seeking support are required to meet the financial assistance requirements of the referring healthcare provider. The foundation will not consider requests that do not meet the guidelines.
Financial Assistance Guidelines:
- Applicant must be 17 years old or younger and be a legal resident of the United States.
- If the applicant is covered by a commercial, state, or federal health benefit plan, documentation of coverage must apply.
- The potential of the Foundation’s intervention to significantly enhance either the clinical condition or quality of life for the child will be evaluated.
- Financial need of the child’s family will be evaluated and documented through the information provided on the application and by the submission of financial documentation provided to the referring healthcare provider.
- No other financial resources to meet the healthcare need are available.
- Applications are to be reviewed by a healthcare professional to determine the medical appropriateness of request.
- Awards are retroactive to sixty days prior to the date of the application and have an expiration date of one year from award date.
- The candidate must not receive support for ongoing treatments such as prescriptions, long-term physical therapy, etc.
- Additional information from your referring health care professional may be required after the application is submitted.
Due to the large volume of applications received so far this year, the Foundation is not accepting new applications at this time. Please check back with us soon.
Questions regarding The Sheehan Charitable Foundation should be directed to Brittany Hosford at firstname.lastname@example.org.