STUDENTS IN MARION AND HAMILTON COUNTIES RECEIVE FULL-TUITION SCHOLARSHIPS
Central Indiana Community Foundation, The Indianapolis Foundation and Hamilton County Community Foundation are pleased to announce that 16 students from both Marion and Hamilton counties have been awarded the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship. Lilly Endowment Community Scholars are known for their community involvement, academic achievement, character and leadership. Students receive these scholarships from the county where they reside.
Hamilton County Recipients:
- Edyn Curry – Hamilton Southeastern High School
- Abigail Pittman – Noblesville High School
- Victoria Lugo – Fishers High School
- Jabez Shin – Heritage Christian
- Elizabeth Phillips – Brebeuf Jesuit High School
Marion County Recipients
- Edgar Ocelotl Tecuanhuey – Lawrence North High School
- Danna Ventura – Cathedral High School
- Kahmara Munn – Cathedral High School
- Dawne-Cheryl Andoh – North Central High School
- Savannah Nesmith – Brebeuf Jesuit High School
- Kevin Medlin-Warren – Carmel High School
- Chiamaka Ndubuokwu – Speedway Senior High School
- Madison Evans – Ben Davis University High School
- Alejandro Gomez-Alejo – Roncalli High School
- Pilar Sanchez – Warren Central High School
- Jahdyn Haynes – KIPP Indy Legacy High School
Each Lilly Endowment Scholarship provides for full-tuition, required fees and a special allocation of up to $900 per year for required books and equipment for four years of undergraduate study on a full-time basis leading to a baccalaureate degree at any eligible Indiana public or private, not-for-profit college or university. The Lilly Endowment created the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program for the 1998-1999 school year and has supported the program every year since with tuition grants totaling over $486 million. More than 5,000 Indiana students have received this scholarship since the program’s inception.
The CICF philanthropic collaborative is now accepting applications for over 50 other scholarship funds.
ABOUT LILLY ENDOWMENT COMMUNITY SCHOLARSHIPS
The primary purposes of the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program are:
1) To help raise the level of educational attainment in Indiana
2) To increase awareness of the beneficial roles Indiana community foundations can play in their communities
3) To encourage and support the efforts of current and past Lilly Endowment Community Scholars to engage with each other and with Indiana business, governmental, educational, nonprofit and civic leaders—to improve the quality of life in Indiana generally and in local communities throughout the state.