CICF is a public charitable foundation transforming central Indiana in three ways:
- By supporting donors, family foundations and their professional advisors on charitable giving.
- Awarding grants to effective not-for-profit organizations.
- Providing leadership to address community needs and seize opportunities.
CICF was established in 1997 as a partnership between The Indianapolis Foundation, serving Marion County since 1916, and Legacy Fund, serving Hamilton County since 1991.
With $550 million in assets, CICF’s mission is to inspire, support, and practice philanthropy, leadership, and service in our community. Our work is centered on our vision for central Indiana’s future. We envision our community being:
- Recognized for its superior support to those in need
- Acknowledged for its ability to develop, retain and attract educated, creative and community-minded citizens.
- Admired for being a remarkable place to live.