New chair, board members for Hamilton County community foundation
Legacy Fund has announced new leadership and membership for its 2015 board of directors, effective January 1, 2015.
Mr. Michael Daugherty, assistant vice president of Key Private Bank, replaces Mr. Corby Thompson as board chair of Legacy Fund; Mr. Thompson remains as a board director. Mr. Daugherty joined the Legacy Fund board in 2009, and served on its grant distribution committee since 2007; he has served in a variety of capacities on boards and committees for Central Indiana Community Foundation, Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation, NPower and the Indiana Historical Society.
Mr. Thomas Dapp also joins the board as a director. The chairman & CEO of Indianapolis-based heavy-highway company, Gradex, Inc. is also a three-time chairman of the Indiana Construction Association. Mr. Dapp currently serves on the board of the Greater Indianapolis Chamber of Commerce and as director of the Western Golf Association promoting the Evans Scholars Program. Formerly, Mr. Dapp served as a past board member of both the Carmel Library Foundation and the Indianapolis Opera.
“Legacy Fund has been fortunate to partner with such passionate and dedicated leaders in Hamilton County year after year,” said Terry Anker, president of Legacy Fund. “We have a lot of exciting plans for 2015, and I am confident our board will lead us as we make our community a better place to call home.”
Legacy Fund Board of Directors for 2015:
- Board Chair – Mr. Michael E. Daugherty, Assistant Vice President, Key Private Bank
- Vice-Chair – Ms. Ann O’Hara, Partner, Church, Church, Hittle & Antrim
- Secretary/Treasurer – Mr. Dane Rowland, President, Image Builders/Rowland Printing
- Ms. Lisa B. Allen, Community Leader
- Mr. Lawrence C. Beck, President, Beck’s Hybrids
- Mr. Henry B. Blackwell, Retired: Baker & Daniels
- Ms. Brenda Bush, Sheridan Town Council
- Ms. Judith L. Campbell M.D., Campbell Psychiatric Services, Inc.
- Mr. Thomas Dapp, Chairman and CEO, Gradex, Inc.
- Mr. Frank Esposito, Jr., Senior Member, UBS Financial Services, Inc.
- Mr. Paul Estridge, Chairman, The Estridge Companies
- Ms. Kay Hartley, Owner, Hartley Companies
- Mr. Steven Holt, Partner, Holt, Fleck & Romine, LLC
- Mr. Mike Houk, Retired: WellPoint
- Mr. Jim Longstreth, Financial Advisor, Wells Fargo
- Mr. Jay Merrell, Executive Vice President, Industrial Dialectics
- Mr. Brian Myers, Director of Sales, Crown Technologies
- Mr. Steve Pittman, Founder, Pittman Partners, Inc.
- Ms. Pamela H. Robinson, Executive Director, Indiana/World Skating Academy
- Mr. James P. Roederer, Vice President, Investments, SmithBarney
- Mr. Corby Thompson, President, Thompson Land Company, Inc.
ABOUT LEGACY FUND:
Legacy Fund, an affiliate of the Central Indiana Community Foundation (CICF), is a $50+ million public foundation that serves Hamilton County by administering charitable funds, foundations and organizational endowments for individuals, families and not-for-profit entities. Established in 1991, Legacy Fund’s goal is to inspire philanthropy as it helps people enhance their family and charitable legacies in tax-smart ways. Legacy Fund has three main priorities: consult with donors, family foundations and professional advisors on charitable giving; award grants; and provide leadership to address community needs.
ABOUT CENTRAL INDIANA COMMUNITY FOUNDATION:
Central Indiana Community Foundation (CICF) is a $710 million public foundation transforming the lives of central Indiana residents in three ways: consulting donors, family foundations and their professional advisors on charitable giving; awarding grants to effective not-for-profit organizations; and providing leadership to address community needs and seize opportunities. CICF was established in 1997 as a partnership between The Indianapolis Foundation, serving Marion County since 1916, and Legacy Fund, serving Hamilton County since 1991. For more information about CICF, visit cicf.org, or contact Mike Knight at email@example.com.