The Efroymson Contemporary Arts Fellowship
The Efroymson Contemporary Arts Fellowship program was established in 2004 to reward creativity and to encourage emerging and established individual artists by supporting their artistic development while increasing awareness of contemporary art in the Midwest.
The fellowship program currently awards $25,000 to selected fellows. It has distributed more than $1,000,000 to 50 contemporary Midwestern visual artists since its inception.
Fellowship categories are restricted to installation, sculpture, and new media. Selection criteria includes the following:
- Quality and skill
- Creativity and uniqueness
- Commitment to developing work
- Impact the award will have on the artist’s career
To be eligible, artists must:
- Be age 25 or older
- Be a resident of either Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, or Wisconsin
- Commit to residing in Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, or Wisconsin for the duration of the fellowship
Fellows are chosen by a five-member selection committee through a blind selection process.
The application period for the 2018 Efroymson Contemporary Arts Fellowship has ended
If you would like to have your name added to our distribution list to be notified about any future Efroymson Contemporary Arts Fellowship opportunities, please send an email to Mary Johnson at MaryJ@cicf.org.
Linda Adele Goodine
Anila Quayyum Agha
Casey Riordan Millard
Blane De St Croix
José Carlos Teixeira